Hello and Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday break and were able to find a bit of time to relax, recharge and reflect on another year. I’d like to take this opportunity with you all to pause, amidst the hustle and bustle that’s January, to examine and assess all APNA accomplished in 2022, and plan for 2023.
Growth – the evolution and advancement of APNA as an organization – was and continues to be my focus as APNA’s President. I’m happy to report with the support of the dedicated Board of Directors, a handful of helpful volunteers, and our Administrator, Kellie, I believe we were successful in growing APNA in a variety of ways this past year.
Here are a few key highlights from 2022:
- We successfully expanded our reach within the in-home community and hosted our largest ever annual conference with nearly 180 attendees.
- We completed the important work of refining of APNA’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
- We created APNA Agency Accelerator Program, a program that’s launching this month with over 10 agencies onboard!
- We launched the APNA Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Scholarship last year and awarded 3 conference scholarships in 2022. Not to mention, we raised over $40,000 to be used for DEI scholarships for years to come thanks to this amazing community!
- We released the new APNA DEI Toolkit for agency owners and staff.
- We provided a forum for ongoing monthly connection and support for agency owners across the U.S., Canada and Australia through our Mastermind Program.
- We hosted 8 free or low-cost, business building, educational APNA Webinars in 2022.
- And last but not least, the APNA community continues to grow as we welcomed 8 exemplary new agency members, and 2 sponsor members, in 2022.
I’m proud of what we accomplished as an organization last year, and I hope you agree. Now, onto 2023!
For those who don’t know me well, I’m an Enneagram 3, a DiSC D, and I have Competition and Achiever in my top 3 for a Clifton Strengths, so for better or for worse, setting and reaching goals is what drives me (albeit sometimes crazy). And I’d love to know what APNA can do in 2023 to empower you as an entrepreneur, support your key staff members, and promote the continued growth of your business? Please email me with thoughts and ideas. I look forward to another year working side-by-side to raise each other up and elevate the in-home staffing industry as a whole in the process.